If you are passionate about animals, love helping people and have ever wondered what it’s like working at a zoo, Roosevelt Park Zoo’s ZooTeen volunteer program is just for you. Expand your community service and leadership opportunities. The purpose of our ZooTeen program is to provide trained volunteers who enhance the zoo experience of visitors with daily activities and develop leaders who make positive change happen – for people, for animals and for the environment. We will be accepting a maximum of 20 qualified committed teens.
Applications are due Friday, May 1, 2020
- May 1 – Application, background check and letter of recommendation are due
- May 6 – All applicants will be notified
- May 12 – Parent & Teen Orientation from 6-7:30pm inside the Zoo’s Visitor Center (teen and one parent/guardian must attend)
- May 16 – ZooTeen Training Day from 10am-3pm (teens only)
Applications and letters of recommendation can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or mailed to 1219 Burdick Expressway E. PO Box 538 C/O Nicole Barnhart Minot, ND 58703
Assist with summer camp!
observe keeper chats & training!
Work with like minded teens!
Help with special events!
Assist guest and answer questions!
Spend the summer at the zoo!
- Opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- Learn about the zoo’s history, animals, and conservation
- Provide zoo visitors with a memorable zoo visit
- Work alongside zoo professionals
- Gain experience with public speaking and working as a team
- ZooTeen will be able to visit the zoo for free all summer
- Opportunity for teens to continue volunteering at the zoo year-round. Year-round teens help with diet prep, enrichment build, special events, etc.
- Must be 13 years old by application deadline
- Submit an application, one letter of recommendation, and a background check (due May 1st, 2020)
- Able to commit to 60 hours of volunteering between May-August
- Able to attend parent orientation and ZooTeen training day (dates provided above)
- Provide own transportation to & from the zoo
- Maintain a positive attitude and have a willingness to help with all task assigned
- Able to work as team and independently
- Complete assigned work in ZooTeen binder (all materials will be provided)