Have you ever wondered what it’s like to work at a zoo? If you are passionate about animals and love helping people, Roosevelt Park Zoo’s ZooTeen Volunteer Program is just for you!
On your ZooTeen journey, you will have many opportunities to develop new skills, expand your community service experience, and become a leader, all while spending your day at the zoo working alongside zoo professionals!
Our goal is to help guide a new generation of trained volunteers and leaders who make positive change happen – for people, for animals, and for the environment.
At Roosevelt Park Zoo, we do work hard, but we sure have a great time doing it!
Want to join us in the fun? Apply now to be one of our ZooTeens!
Please read below for important information before applying.
Applications are due May 9, 2024
ASSIST WITH SUMMER CAMP!
OBSERVE KEEPER CHATS & TRAINING!
WORK WITH LIKE MINDED TEENS!
HELP WITH SPECIAL EVENTS!
ASSIST GUESTS & ANSWER QUESTIONS!
SPEND THE SUMMER AT THE ZOO!
- Opportunities to develop new skills and knowledge
- Learn about the zoo’s history, animals, and conservation
- Provide zoo visitors with a memorable zoo visit
- Work alongside zoo professionals
- Gain experience with public speaking and working as a team
- ZooTeen will be able to visit the zoo for free all summer
- Opportunity for teens to continue volunteering at the zoo year-round. Year-round teens help with diet prep, enrichment build, special events, etc.
- Must be 13 years old by application deadline
- Submit an application, one letter of recommendation, and a background check (due May 2, 2024)
- Able to commit to 60 hours of volunteering between May-August
- Able to attend parent orientation and ZooTeen training day (dates provided above)
- Provide own transportation to & from the zoo
- Maintain a positive attitude and have a willingness to help with all task assigned
- Able to work as team and independently
- Complete assigned work in ZooTeen binder (all materials will be provided)