Submissions will be collected by email. Please submit photos and submission form to email@example.com by April 16. To help us judge your artwork please include multiple photos from different sides. People’s Choice voting will be done online through Facebook with voting opening Monday, April 19th and closing Wednesday, April 21st. All winners will be announced and contacted on Thursday, April 22nd. Submission forms can be found here.
Please reference the contest rules below.
No need to print your submission form. Simply type your response to the question in your email
- April 16: Recycled Art Project entries must be submitted through email by 4pm
- April 19-20: Submitted Recycled Art Projects can be dropped off at the Visitors Center for viewing during the Earth Day weekend. Submissions DO NOT have to be dropped off to be considered for the contest. Zoo admission does NOT need to be purchased to view art projects.
- April 19-21: People’s Choice voting will take place on Facebook.
- April 22: People’s Choice Award & Division winners will be contacted
- April 28: All entries dropped off at the Zoo must be picked up by 4pm. Pickup can begin 8am on April 26.
Contact Nicole Barnhart with questions:
- First Place Prize – Pizza party for the entire class & Zoo to You outreach animal visit
- Second Place Prize – Cookie Party for entire class & Zoo to You outreach animal visit
- Third Place Prize – Treat bag for the entire class & Zoo to You outreach animal visit
- First Place Prize – Animal created artwork, Earth Day inspired reusable items & plush animal toy
- Second Place Prize – Gift basket of Earth Day inspired reusable items & plush toy animal
- Third Place Prize – Plush toy animal
- First Place Prize – Animal created artwork, Earth day inspired reusable items & zoo t-shirt
- Second Place Prize – Gift basket of Earth Day inspired reusable items & Zoo t-shirt
- Third Place Prize – Zoo t-shirt
Turn recyclable items and/or trash goods (items that would have otherwise been thrown away) into an animal inspired work of art. Submissions should be made of 100% recycled or trash goods. Glue, paint, screws, and other fastening devices are not included in the 100%.
Each entry will be judged by Zoo staff on the following criteria, with a max of 10 points in each catergory: visual impact, interpretation and creativity, composition/design, craftsmanship, artist’s statement, bonus/amaze.
Please provide the following when submitting entry:
- Submission form
- List of recycable and trash materials used to create art project
- Artist statement about art project
- Recycled art projects pictures
Download Earth Day Recycling Contest Submission Form & Rules
Design and build an animal inspired work of art made 100% from recycled or trash goods (items that would have already been disposed).
A design statement must be included with the work of art explaining what the artist is conveying in their artwork. This should NOT exceed 150 words
100% of all parts must be from previous use (recycled or trash goods). Glue, paint, screws, and other fastening devices are not included in the 100%
The artwork CANNOT exceed the size of 3 feet in any dimension
Art entries can be completed as a group or individually
All work must be original (not a copy of someone else’s work or completed by someone not listed on the submission form)
The contest is divided into 3 divisions and the entry must be submitted based on the age or appropriate division it fits in
Judging criteria for each project will be based on the following, with a maximum of 10 points in each category: visual impact, interpretation and creativity, composition/design, craftsmanship, artist’s statement, bonus/amaze
All decisions of the judges are final.