2014 ZOO CAMP – Crazy About Conservation
The Roosevelt Park Zoo is CrAzY About Conservation! The word conservation is used a lot when we talk about the environment and the world around us. Wildlife conservation means to make sure that all animals are protected. The good news is that conservation isn’t all doom and gloom! Campers will learn how we can all make small changes in our everyday lives which will make a big difference to the world around us and become defenders of wildlife! “Save the animals to cherish, don’t leave them to perish!"
• Drop off and pick up point: Zoo office 1219 Burdick EXPY E, 857-4166
• Arrive only a few minutes prior to camp start time
• Child should eat a healthy breakfast/lunch before camp, a snack will be provided
• Dress children in casual, comfortable, weather appropriate clothing, send jacket on cool days
• Please notify staff of any special health needs, transportation arrangements upon arrival
Zoo to You
For more information about our "Zoo to You" program vist here.
Roots & Shoots Zoo Teen Volunteer Program
If you are 13 -18 years old and love animals, you should consider joining our Roots & Shoots Zoo Teen Program! Zoo Teens assist with zoo camp and perform duties around campus. You will have the opportunity to be more involved in community service while obtaining invaluable leadership skills. Fill out an application here, Informational meeting dates and times to be announced.